Cranberry Orange Pancakes!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute for fewer calories)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- zest of small orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed (dried cranberries are acceptable, but will be much chewier in the pancakes- rehydrate them in enough hot water to cover and let sit for 30 minutes)
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter, orange zest , and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, and stir until just blended.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter for each pancake onto a lightly greased hot griddle or nonstick skillet.
- Cook 2 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked; turn, and cook 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Keep warm. Garnish with cranberries. Serve with warm maple syrup.
(Recipe adapted from Coastal Living)